CHARLESTON (AP) — Casinos are once again the big beneficiaries of matching grants issued annually by the West Virginia Tourism Commission.
Projects totaling $2.6 million were submitted, and the awards under the Matching Advertising Partnership Program total more than $1.2 million.
They include $382,000 to Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, $184,000 to Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort and $112,000 to Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack.
Other awards include:
- $209,000 to the Fayette-Mercer-Raleigh County Winter Coalition
- $88,000 to the Martinsburg/Berkeley County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $71,000 to the American Mountain Theater in Elkins
- $36,000 to the Cabell-Huntington Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $33,000 to the Collis P. Huntington Railroad Historical Society
- $26,000 to Country Road Cabins in Fayette County
- $23,000 to Hockey Club of the Ohio Valley, which is marketing the Wheeling Nailers to fans.