Man blames contractor, dust for mom’s death

PARSONS (AP) — The son of a Tucker County employee who died after inhaling dust from a construction project has filed a wrongful death lawsuit and wants the courthouse closed.

The Inter-Mountain says Paul Wamsley Jr.’s mother, Virginia, died May 2 after developing pneumonia and undergoing several hospitalizations.

The circuit court lawsuit says she had a pre-existing lung condition but was stable, otherwise healthy and working in the assessor’s office when she was exposed in March.

The lawsuit accuses Fairmont-based G.A. Brown & Son Inc. of negligence for cutting a hole for an elevator in the courthouse but failing to contain allegedly toxic dust.

Brown didn’t immediately respond to a message Monday, and the county administrator’s office refused comment.

Messages for the three county commissioners and assessor weren’t immediately returned.

Share This Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>